Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia to take a stand against climate change. Last year On Saturday 27 March, Earth Hour 2010 people across the world from all walks of life turned off their lights and came together in celebration and contemplation of the one thing we all have in common – OUR PLANET
Earth Hour 2011 will take place on Saturday 26 March at 8.30PM (local time). We should go beyond the earth hour to make the difference.
It is high time we wake up and make some serious efforts to save our nature. We should think what we can give rather than what we can get from our Mother Earth.
Simple ways to save the environment -
- Turn off appliances, light, Fans, TV when you are not using them.
- Turn off the water taps while brushing your teeth, shaving, washing dishes, and even taking a shower. Don’t Waste Water.
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of disposable batteries.
- Avoid using disposable items as much as possible.
- Avoid using plastic whenever you can (things like disposable plastic cups, plastic bags) Plastic never break downs and leads to poisoning and death of numerous creatures. Instead use paper bags, cloth bag and cardboard containers. Use a ceramic coffee mug instead of a disposable cup.
Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Recycling is one of the best measures of saving the environment.
- Copy and print both sides of the paper
- Reuse items like envelopes, folders and paper clips.
- Use discarded paper for scrap paper.
These are some of the simple ways in which we can contribute towards saving nature. A small step by each of us can make a huge leap towards saving the environment.
Let’s come together to save our environment.